Friday, August 27, 2010

Lenin Saved my Life

So again I went map-less (it makes me standout even more if I look at it in the street, making me a "target" according to my mom) and this time I really got lost.  I was going to a place to eat and I knew where it was in relation to the temple of literature.  What I didn't know (until it was too late) was that I didn't know how to get to the temple of literature from where I was.

So after about an hour of wandering I finally saw someone who I recognized and walked home from there:  Some dude named Le-Nin.  Probably someone from the war or something =)  I bet instead of the US flag, Obama has like 5 of these around the White House.

Le-Nin Park is a bit small but very pretty.  A lot of people are there at night playing football (soccer), badminton, hacky-sack, and drifting toy cars.


It is weird that in this city there are beautiful spots of semi-peace and trees with a street full of motorbikes honking away just around the corner.

Across the street from Le Nin is the Hanoi flag tower.
Highland Coffee is like the Starbucks of Vietnam....

No comments:

Post a Comment